Monday, April 9, 2007

Opening at Cactus on Friday, April 6th

Okay...

The opening didn't go quite as planned, but it went all the same. Spent last Thursday day (and night) installing the work and putting up wall info as well as attend the UTSA grad show "Mo + PoMo" which was great. I ended up having a mini-opening that night since so many of the faculty were not coming out on First Friday. I got some great responses from everyone and it was fun.... but I still had a lot of work to do for Friday.

I stayed up late (as usual) and edited my resume and put things in order before I went to bed. I got up early on Friday so I could resize my images for my power point presentation for the show, pick up the food, my suite, buy a shovel for my neighbor Charlie (since I put his in the show), and had to meet my other neighbor Joie at his how to load up the sound equipment and take it to Cactus.

Well... needless to day we got it all up and working at the buzzer (6 pm) and we waited for the sound portion/power point to start. I ended up enlisting some help from some of my citizens (Connie Swann and Jayne Lawrence) to help get the projector in place before I made my entrance.

I got a lot of strange questions from the crowed, but I feel that I fielded them well considering. Today I hope to burn the performance (video taped by Luisa Wheeler) onto a DVD so I can put it into Cactus so people can come by and view it.

I am going to try to work on some video editing in peroration for the viewing at the UTSA Downtown campus for early May and work on my skills for the Barcelona class.

That’s all for now folks.... for now!

Ian O'Brien
Mayor of Grip River

No comments: